On December 8th, from 10AM to 3PM, the city of San Antonio will hold their third Better Block project at the historic Plaza de Armas. Head out to experience a revitalized street complete with live music, pop-up vendors, food, dance and more.
– 10AM Running/Walking Tour of Downtown Historic Sites (Starting from The Vistana)
– 10AM – 1PM Live music by Sarah Centeno and band (Spanish Governor’s Palace, Side Courtyard)
– 11AM-11:45AM Lululemon sponsored Yoga Class by Kristal Cuevas (Inside The Vistana)
– 1PM-2PM Tango Class by Rincon del Tango (Inside the Vistana)
– 1PM – 3PM Live music Josh Klaus (Governor’s Palace)
– 10 AM to 3 PM Partridge in a Pie Tree serving Breakfast and Delizia Empanadas (Spanish Governor’s Palace, Side Courtyard)
– 10 AM to 1 PM Say-She-Ate food truck with bistro tables (Corner of Laredo and Commerce)
– 10 AM to 3 PM Pop–up Coffee Shop and Bakery, by Revolucion Coffee and Bistro Bakery, with bistro tables outside. (northern side of W. Commerce across from Continental Bldg, same side of street as Penner’s)
– Pop-up display windows by Brandon of www.gambrellrenard.com (Building located at corner of West Commerce and Flores)
– Art & Jewelry Retail and Artists at work with a live painting event by Joshua Perez (who will raffle off painting at the end) (Along the Continental Hotel Building – San Antonio Metro Health Department Building)
– Holiday Market (Plaza de Armas Parking lot)
– Great Retail at Penner’s and Marti’s, Dollar General, and Goodwill
Bring the Pets!
– Blessing of the Animals at noon and pick up your Yelp! Doggy Bandana (Market Square)
– Lucy’s Doggy daycare and Spa will be providing free nail trims, and coupons (Plaza de Armas parking lot)
– Bike Valet and BCycle (Plaza de Armas parking lot)
– Wider sidewalks and On-street parking (North Side, Across from Continental Building)
– Parked VIA Primo Bus (W. Commerce, West of Flores)
Let your voice be heard!
– Project for Public Spaces Survey (Plaza de Armas and corner of W. Commerce and Santa
– San Antonio River Authority and Kell-Munoz discussion on the San Pedro Creek Restoration Project (At San Pedro Creek)
– Yelp! Will have a table handing out bags and allowing you to vote for favorite vendor. (Plaza de Armas Parking lot)